Sunday, July 1, 2007

Baltimore Applique revisited..again.


Friday, June 1, 2007

Here's an old online journal I started three years ago after my second stint at Elly's Applique Academy in Williamsburg:www.livejournal.com/users/sterby.
Well..I'm taking another Baltimore class at Material Things this summer. Our first lesson is the Fleur de Lis-an easy block I've already made a few times. Now for the background fabric decision, in case I decide to actually make an entire quilt. The Kona Snow is so classic and the appliques won't shadow through its thick surface. Kona's a bitch to reverse applique on, though; it frays horribly. I like the Moda Textures off-white but it's kind of thin and Andi may not be able to get a bolt of it for me.Later this summer, I'm going to Nashville for the AQS show and a class or two with Hawaiian Applique Queen, Nancy Chong. Hopefully, this will work out. I've had bad experiences taking a bunch of classes from the same teacher..(can you say 'Dear Jane'?)Susan and I got our class with Irma Gail next spring in Paducah. We've been stalking her in earnest and hoping she'd teach something we could attend.

No comments: